Looking back 2017! Wow, I can’t believe this year is basically over. Today I would like to reflect on where I have come since last year and check myself on what some goals were that I set forth for this year. As a reference I am referring to this post. Some of my personal goals were:
- Be more thankful and grateful
- Travel more
- Relax (work in progress)
- Workout more (work in progress but I was going strong for a solid 2-3 months)
- Drink more water
- Eat healthier
- Be responsible (definitely cleaned up lots of bills and such this year so pat on the back)
- Purchase splurge bag…Red Gucci Disco ✔️
- Laugh more, love hard, spend more time with family (yes, yes and yes…also always a work in progress)
- Go to bed earlier (work in progress lol)
- Buy a house (timing was not right in 2017 but end of 2018 slash beginning of 2019 is looking like it’s time!!!)
My professional goals were:
- Turn Vida Fashionista into my full-time job (I am happy to say that it is one of my full-time jobs and I can dedicate the time that I need and have always wanted to put into everything!)
- Be a buyer for a major fashion company (let me just say that at the time of writing that last year I wanted to put “be a fashion stylist for a major fashion company” I couldn’t see it happening clearly so I just wrote buyer since that is another interest of mine. Well I’m happy to say that I am a fashion stylist for a fashion company!)
- Be a fashion correspondent (work in progress)
- Time management (Work in progress though I have gotten so much better. Now that I have more free time to be creative, I can properly make sure I am getting enough sleep along with making time for blogging and other projects.)
- Be authentic (I think I am as real as they come lol)
- Step outside my comfort zone (This definitely happened! In 2017 I left a job that I hated to take a chance and pursue my dream job! It wasn’t easy and still isn’t but I have never been happier. I wake up everyday excited to go to work, to know that I am doing what I love. I also finally launched my styling company!!! It’s amazing what can happen when you step outside of your comfort zone.)
This year I won’t share all of my goals with y’all since they are personal but I’ll share some. For the sake of this post, I won’t put them in personal/career categories, I’ll just lay them out there.
- Run a 5K
- Travel more
- Work on my active listening skills
- Buy a house
- Expand my styling company
- Take more time out for my soon-to-be husband <3 (go on dates, live in the moment)
- Be more patient
- Work out more, eat healthier, drink more water
- Say “Thank you” to someone or for something everyday
- Make more YouTube videos!
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for following along over the years. Without you, none of this would be possible. I took a chance and it has been one of the most rewarding things in my life. Have a great day!
Thanks for reading!
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP THE POST: