Let’s talk New Years resolutions. I have never been one to do these. Why? Fear of failure/disappointment. It’s my biggest fault but then again aren’t we all afraid to “fail”? Well this year I’m sharing my New Years
resolutions goals with you all. I know people say “work hard in silence let success make all the noise” but where’s the fun in that!? If my goal was to become a professional dancer but I never share that with anyone it doesn’t feel the same. To write it down and then see your goal achieved is so much sweeter!
I love to write, always have. I have a ton of notebooks and when I get inspired I write. My goals are written down but today I’m sharing my New Years
Resolutions goals with you all!
- Be more thankful and grateful. Ever read “The Secret”…if not you NEED too. Too many times we find ourselves “comparing” with other people and circumstances. We all have a season. You can never compare your beginning with someone’s middle. I’m guilty too guys. To the point where I’ve done so much “looking around” and “comparing” that I miss the blessings right in front of my face sometimes. Read “Acres of Diamonds”
- Travel. I don’t think this needs an explanation.
- RELAX. Don’t sweat the small stuff. I actually heard this is a book and I need to read it. Blogging is/can be stressful, I have a wedding to plan, and I’m working towards getting a house. My mind can run away from me if I’m not careful. I tend to think way too much and stress myself out. This year I WILL relax, not be so anxious, let it go.
- Workout more. I’m a dancer who doesn’t work out…that’s sad 🙁 . For me, dancing doesn’t feel like a work out anymore. It’s more like second nature. I’m dedicating at least 3 days a week in the fitness center. P.S. I don’t do gyms.
- Drink more water. This was last years goal and I will continue to keep it one. It’s so important and keeps you looking young!
- Eat healthier. #lifegoal Eat less dairy. I could go on and on, well my fiance could lol.
- BE RESPONSIBLE. Ummm I’m getting married. Like it’s about time. I’m talking about responsible in all aspects. Finances (don’t buy it cuz you want it <---weakness), relationships, etc. BTW, if people held themselves accountable for their actions in relationships, it would make things so much easier. I could go on about this for days.
- Purchase a splurge bag. Red Gucci Disco, yea I’m talking to you 😉
- Laugh more, love hard, spend more time with family. I love my family and I feel like I don’t get enough time with them. With Sheldon and I’s family becoming one, we need to see each other more.
- Go to bed earlier. I’m aiming to make sure I get at least 5-6 solid hours too.
- Get into a cleaning routine. I want to start getting into the habit of cleaning up mess, where and when it occurs. Bissell products, like a home steam cleaner, mean I can get the job done with ease and stress free.
- BUY A HOUSE. I don’t care what I have to do, this IS happening. Our apartment lease is up December 2017 and I expect to have a house by then. I’m not worrying about how it will happen, I just KNOW that it will.
- Turn Vida Fashionista into my full-time job. I always say “do it with passion or not at all.” It’s probably already a saying but it’s so true. To do what you love and love what you do is a life fulfilled to me. These last almost 3 years have been my best. I had no idea what to expect when it came to blogging. When I found out that this can be a career I got hungry. I’m still hungry and working hard. I’m not a 9-5 person, never was. Of course I will do it as long as I need. BUT being able to focus solely on my blog would make my life so much easier!
- Be a buyer for a major fashion company. Aside from having Vida Fashionista being my full-time job this is another goal of mine.
- Be a fashion correspondent. In a nutshell I want Giuliana Rancic’s job. I want to be on television talking about TV. It could be as a guest, Full-time (wink, wink) or if not those…my YouTube channel! Don’t judge guys.
- Time management. Since I am not blogging full-time yet, I need to get better with time management. Maybe instead of staring at snapchat, I’ll start writing/drafting a new post.
- Be authentic. It’s so hard as a blogger sometimes. Just because
“Susie Blogger” has a certain top, purse, Instagram aesthetic that doesn’t mean you have to. Being a copycat is boring and people don’t like to see the same thing over and over. Just look at the Blair Eadie’s, Olivia Palermo’s and Iris Apfel’s of the world. In the end people like you for being you! There is only one you, there is only one Vida Fashionista.
- Step outside my comfort zone. Great things never came from comfort zones right!? As a blogger you have to hustle! Make the right pitch to brands, possibly stalk PR companies…etc. I know that the sky is the limit but to truly make things happen I might have to get uncomfortable. Not in a weird way. I just mean going to more conferences, meeting more #BossBabes, putting myself in the right places at the right time with the right people.
I’ll stop there because I can’t reveal ALL of my professional goals.
Again, this was very “big” of me to share my goals both personal and professionally with y’all. No judgements. And guess what, if a goal doesn’t “work out” or happen, keep pushing towards it. There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal, just unrealistic deadlines. I would love to know what your resolutions or goals are!
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!