Sharing my snickerdoodle recipe before everyone is off of the holiday high! This post is long overdue! I usually make them around the holiday time so there’s no better time than now. Here’s what you will need:
- Baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Cream of tartar
The recipe that I use makes about 25 cookies. Adjust your amounts accordingly if/when you need more. Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To cover balls of dough
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Step 1 -Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Step 2 – Mix sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. I combine all ingredients in bowl together and use my hands to knead the dough.
- Step 3 – Shape dough into alls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Step 4 – Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack <—- optional
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know how you like it!
Thanks for reading!
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP THE POST: