About a week or so ago, I was on Instagram stories reading a recipe that Kathleen Barnes from Carrie Bradshaw Lied shared. It was super green and looked healthy and delicious. I had just finished a yoga workout and was looking for a healthy lunch option so I concocted this green bowl recipe.
No I did not get this recipe from anywhere, I literally just threw together all the green vegetables I had in the kitchen lol. The total prep and cook time was about 20-30 minutes.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 3 Asparagus. I cut them in half to fit in the bowl
- 4 Brussels sprouts (cut in half)
- Handful of cut Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 onion. You do not need to use a lot of onion unless you like that
- Sprinkle with chia seeds
- OPTIONAL: 2 pieces of bacon cut up
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees. On cooking sheet drizzle olive oil on asparagus. Add a little salt and pepper for taste.
- On same cooking sheet (if you have room) lay out Brussels sprouts and place bacon in between spaces to get the bacon grease to cook through the sprouts. Cook in oven for about 15 minutes (don’t let asparagus get too soft). Remove from heat immediately.
- Using low-medium heat on stove, coat bottom of frying pan with olive oil and saute mushrooms and onion. Add in Brussels sprouts and any bacon that is still uncooked. Saute everything until onions become soft. If you are using bacon, it takes the longest to cook. Once veggies are done, remove them from heat and continue to cook bacon until it is done to your liking.
- Get a bowl and combine all ingredients. Cut avocado half and place into bowl. Top off bowl with chia seeds.
Thanks for reading!