Here we are entering week 6 of COVID-19. As we are all doing our best to pass the time, here are some things getting me through quarantine right now.
I think it’s so crazy because here we are going into week 6 of quarantine and everyone and their mom is now on TikTok. Does anyone remember this post? I feel like I was almost pleading for people to get on the app lol. Now fast forward 6 weeks and it’s all you see. It’s truly been a way to escape from all the corona news and keep entertained.
If you are interested or need some recommendations on what to watch on Netflix read this post. Now looking back on that post I missed a few documentaries and I’ve watched more.
- Cheer – I don’t know how in the world I forgot Cheer! It’s only 1 season and I think 6 episodes, it’s amazing. So inspirational and really made me miss my cheer days.
- Tiger King – I mean unless you’ve been living under a rock then you know it have heard about Tiger King. Honestly it’s insane and I won’t say anything more because I’m sure you’ve heard it all.
- McMillion’s – This documentary was so not what I expected. Long story short it’s about the McDonald’s Monopoly game and a scandal behind it. That’s all I’ll say.
Thank God for modern technology. Even thought we can’t see our friends and family in person at least there are apps. Here are a few that I’ve been using:
- Houseparty – This app was just introduced to me like 2 weeks ago and I love it. You can play games with friends plus it works for Apple and Android phones
- FaceTime – We all know what FaceTime is.
- Facebook Messenger Video – I only use this for my parents since they don’t have an iPhone
- Duo – Sheldon has this on his phone and it’s another way we can FaceTime with my parents.
- Zoom – I rarely use this personally but usually for business or meetings. My mother-in-law set up a family zoom meeting every Sunday for the last couple of weeks though.
Creating New Content
Being in the house has forced me to get more creative with my content that I am creating. It’s challenging but also helps the time pass by and I feel like more effort is being put behind my shoots now.
Haha y’all we are going to put this into the universe because I’m not there yet. I have my favorite books on hand but haven’t sat down to read them yet. On days when I’m lacking motivation all I need is to read a page or two to get my mind right again. My personal favorites are self help books. Here are a few:
- Maximum Achievement
- The Secret
- Girl, Wash Your Face
- Fear Is My Homeboy
OMG I must be stopped lol. In my defense mainly everything I’ve bought during quarantine has been on sale. It seems like every weekend stores are having great online sales! I’m a total sucker but I love finding the best deals for y’all and new items help me with more content for you. Here’s a list of some of my favorite stores right now:
- Red Dress Boutique
First off if you didn’t work out everyday before quarantine, then thinking you are going to do it because of quarantine might be unrealistic. Also, stick to some sort of schedule. When I wake up I share my “schedule” with my followers on Instagram. This holds me accountable. I wrote “pilates” on my schedule at different times but EVERYDAY. I never did pilates everyday so after a week that got old lol. This week (starting today) I’m aiming for a minimum of 3 days a week and abs on those other days…much more realistic.
Speaking of, join me at 8am today, Wednesday and Friday for a 7-minute ab workout on Instagram Live! I never do IG Lives so this is a big deal for me haha. Don’t say you “don’t have time” because the workout is only 7 minutes long. It’s a tough workout but so worth it, gotta make those 7 minutes count.
What have you been doing to get through quarantine?
Thanks for reading!
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP THE POST: